The IIDA Story
The IIDA Alabama Chapter is a very active small chapter with City Centers located in Birmingham and Huntsville as well as Campus Centers at Auburn University and The University of Alabama. Our Chapter offers a wide variety of professional development programs and networking events throughout the year to both our Members and others in the commercial design community throughout the State. Our calendar includes CEUs and Forum Tours, focused enrichment events for Members, Young Professionals and Student Members, as well as fundraising functions and charitable drives supporting national and local beneficiaries. Thanks to generous support from our Sponsors, we continue to explore new and unique opportunities to advance design in the State of Alabama.
Joining IIDA is Worth It!
Learn more about all the benefits you receive by joining the IIDA Alabama Chapter.
Things You’ll Want to Know About the Alabama Chapter
IDIE Awards (Interior Design Awards)
Artrageous (fundraiser for the IIDA Foundation and Studio by the Tracks)
Annual Christmas Party (Local Charity Fundraiser)
Advocacy Week (Professional Enhancement and fundraising for AIDC)
CEUs and other events are offered periodically throughout the year
The University of Alabama
Professional and Associate Members in the United States receive complimentary magazines and publications that cover technical and theoretical topics in design, as well as community news and events.
- Perspective, the IIDA thought-provoking journal
- DesignMatters, a bimonthly electronic newsletter to keep you in the loop about happenings across the country
- Contract, a leading monthly magazine for the design industry
- Interiors & Sources, a leading monthly building industry and interiors publication
- HD Boutique magazine, a bi-monthly e-magazine that covers hospitality trends
- What Clients Want, a collection of conversations between designers and their clients about how significant projects were conceived, how they have defined culture, demonstrated value and shifted business models.
Tuition reimbursement, access to in-depth knowledge and research, and links to
industry leaders and events help you get ahead in the business aspect of design.
Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for a twice annual drawing for NCIDQ tuition reimbursement - this is a complete reimbursement for Associate Members who successfully complete the NCIDQ exam
- Sustainable Education Fund, offering a twice annual drawing for reimbursement of LEED exam fees for those who have successfully passed the accreditation exam
- Chapter and Regional professional development
- Chapter-level IDCEC-approved CEU programs
- Access to the IIDA Knowledge Center, and the team that compiles its content
- Webinars, take-home CEUs and quick links to educational tools
- International code and licensing initiatives
- Proactive leadership in gaining governmental recognition for the profession
- Use of the IIDA professional designation
- Personalized Member Logo
- Access to the IIDA Job Bank
- Networking opportunities through Chapter and Forum programs
- Membership for access to Material Connexion
- IIDA Conference Calling Service
- Access to the online IIDA Membership directory
- Forums in 10 design specialties, offering an instant network of professionals in your area of expertise
Members receive first notice of special events and registration discounts.
- IDIES - Alabama Chapter’s gala celebrating the work of member designers.
- Invitations to Chapter and regional meetings, special events, and activities
- Invitation to the IIDA Annual Meeting, when IIDA inducts the new International Board of Directors, celebrates the Titan and Star Award recipients, recognizes Chapters for excellence in intiatives, and welcomes new members of the College of Fellows
- Invitation to the IIDA COOL Gala, where IIDA features winners of the Interior Design Competition
- An opportunity to be celebrated and profiled on the IIDA website under the I AM IIDA section
Discounts and Incentives for Members Only
You have access to a wide range of discounts and special pricing for products and services to support your business, from discounts on books to savings on airline travel. Check back regularly for new additions.
- Discounted prices on John Wiley publications. (For Members in the U.S. and Canada)
- Special Member pricing for IIDA-sponsored competitions (including Interior Design Competition, Hospitality Design Competition, Will Ching Design Competition, Smart Environments Awards)
- Complimentary membership in Pier 1 Design Concepts program for Professional and Associate members
- Discounted advertising rates in IIDA publications and on the IIDA Web site
- The Working Advantage (Corporate Movie Club)
- Special rates at Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- NAPUS Federal Credit Union. Click here for benefits
IIDA is the association for the Commercial Interior Design profession.
IIDA provides meaningful resources to Commercial Interior Designers and their clients to advance the profession and enhance business value.
The IIDA vision is to enhance business value, solve problems, and positively impact the health and well-being of people’s lives through a greater understanding of interior design.
IIDA is the voice for Commercial Interior Design. We elevate the value of the profession to clients and support Members as recognized leaders in the industry.