IIDA Student membership is designed for the interior design or architecture student interested in professional development opportunities and expanding their professional network within the design industry. If you are currently enrolled in an interior design, architecture, or closely related program at any university, institute of higher education, or accredited school of interior design, you qualify as an IIDA Student Member!
University of Alabama
IDSA President: Savannah Reid
IIDA President: Emma Eidson
ASID President: Sydney Yarbrough
IDSA Vice President: Mamie Patton
IIDA Vice President: Maci Munro
ASID Vice President: Maggie Reaves
Secretary: Avery Fowler
Treasurer: Lydia Jackson
Event Coordinator: Caroline Gilroy
Social Media Coordinator: Ryan Mills
ASID Student Rep: Sydney Yarbrough
Presidents: Emily Hatcher and Lyvi King
Public Relations: Riley Harrison
Marketing: Kate Puffer
Treasurer: Isabelle Smith
Secretary: Isabella Caswell
Student Representatives: Emma Coyle and Mikayla Watson
Events Coordinator: Molly Morgan
All IIDA membership runs during the calendar year, January through December.
Annual Student Dues: $60
IIDA HQ offers a special rate exclusively to graduating IIDA Student members who wish to upgrade to an Associate membership. Reach out to [email protected] for details.
To view some of the incredible benefits collected in one place, download this PDF!
- Visit the IIDA HQ student page to log in and view a full list of IIDA Member Benefits.
- IIDA Alabama Student Day event, aimed specifically for student development.
- Portfolio reviews and student-specific panel discussions.
- Local design competition and scholarship opportunities.
- Mentoring program at the national and local levels.
- Invitation to most local IIDA Alabama events, including the IDIES Design Awards and Advocacy Week.
- Internship, leadership, and networking opportunities.
- Use of the IIDA appellation (e.g. John Smith, Student IIDA).
- Exclusive IIDA savings including website domain savings, travel discounts, theater tickets coupons, and more.
Current Student Opportunities
Check back soon for student specific events and opportunities
IIDA HQ Student Blog
IIDA HQ Quad
QUAD is designed exclusively for our IIDA Student members keeping you up to date on competition and awards programs with opportunities for cash prizes and peer recognition, campus center events, and much, much, more. QUAD is your quarterly resource for IIDA programs and opportunities just for you.
For questions or more information, contact Melissa Cook, Student Engagement Manager at [email protected].
IIDA HQ Campus Centers
IIDA HQ Student Page
IIDA (and others) Student Scholarships and competitions